Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sushi Anyone?

Samurai Sushi

So, I enjoy a good California Roll every now and again, but I have never really had good sushi before and nothing other than the plain California Roll each time. Tonight changed that! I sat up to the Sushi Bar at Samurai and told the chef that I hadn't really had anything other than a California Roll and asked if he recommended anything. He said that he would make up one special for me. I felt like I could trust him, and it payed off for sure! I ended up getting a California Roll as well just in case the sushi roll he had in mind for me was a bit too much. The specialty roll he ended up making was really delicious! It had tempura shrimp and spicy tuna inside, wrapped with the normal rice and seaweed, and on top was some salmon, avocado, salmon pearls, and bits of tempura crisp on top as well with a nice sauce. It was really good and I was very full. The chef insisted that I have some dessert and after the delicious sushi roll, I decided to trust him to order me desert too. The result - fried cheesecake. Yes, you read that correctly. Amazing fried cheesecake. It was divine, but alas I couldn't take one more bite after the first one (it came with two of them), so I gave the rest to a family next to me and I was on my way. Very nice atmosphere and great food! If you are ever in South Lake Tahoe, check it out! And that is How Lou Seas It (pardon the pun, but I couldn't pass it up)!

Sushi Bar

You can reserve this private room...looked pretty cool.

California Rolls are delicious, especially when made in front of you.

Close up of the California.

Specialty roll with tempura shrimp, spicy tuna, salmon, avocado, salmon pearls, tempura crisps, and specialty sauce. 

Close up of specialty roll.

Cross-cut view of specialty roll. Mmmmm.

I sat right in front of this guy. Good fortune may be headed my way!

Inside Samurai.

 
Fried Cheesecake!

Mmmmmm. A great way to end the meal!

Thank you chefs of the Samurai, you were great!




No comments:

Post a Comment